Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,727Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50 - pulled the trigger today
In reply to cnli, Oct 27, 2012

cnli wrote:

To Vision,

Congratulation! No doubt I'll do the same with that price. Here is selling around $500 though packaged with camera case, SD card, LCD protector, or even tripod (not factory made you could imagine). Hope you get a good result from the comparison cause it means the new cam could give me two big steps forward from my SX30!

I like the fungus most. I never done a panorama and your is great. I wish I could live in that beautiful and peaceful environment when retired!

cn

Thanks for your comments, cn. Hope you can find a good deal on the camera, especially with the holidays fast approaching us.

The fungus image was a surprise I found peering through the trees with the lens set to 1260mm (1.5TC). Some hikers passing by thought I had found a bird in a nearer tree. Besides the color and lighting on the fungus, I was intrigued by the way the growth on the farther away tree on the right parodied the fungus. The "Y" shaped branch in the middle then connected them in the composition. An image built on serendipity.

The panorama was only my second try with the camera, which makes it so easy, and I was happy with the outcome. The coutryside itself gives wonderful opportunities for such images and I am blessed to be able to walk its paths and trails. I also get to meet many interesting people and photographers and we share and enjoy each others' work and company. Even run into David Rockefeller from time to time. At 97 years old, he still likes getting around in his horse drawn carriage and greeting people visiting his "back yard" with his cheerful hello and gregarious smile.

Thanks again,

Vision

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow