10 mm Lens for Hiking and Climbing

Started Oct 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Daniel Oh
Regular MemberPosts: 442Gear list
Like?
Re: 10 mm Lens for Hiking and Climbing
In reply to Seedeich, Oct 27, 2012

You just mentioned that you rarely meet wildlife, so basically you are taking shots of still images. I do not think the size and weight really matters (the difference is negligible unless you have a specific bag you need to use that the 10-30 does not fit). So what you gain with 10 mm? 2/3 of a stop but you looe that by lack of VR (unless you had moving subjects).  You will do much better with the zoom.

i bought the 10 mm thinking that I would use it all the time to carry everywhere but I never use it (Except to experiment with my old wide adapters, not worthy as iq is poor).

but there is nothing better than trying. Just carry one for the next trip and you can answer your question yourself and with confidence that it is exactly the answyou that will fit you the most.

good luck!

-- hide signature --

Daniel Oh
ps. I truly believe photography as a hobby is defined by the pleasure you get from the activity. It does not matter what equipment or results. I am a hobbyist and a very awful photographer (snapshooter is a better name) but a very happy one.

Daniel Oh's gear list:Daniel Oh's gear list
Pentax Optio W60 Samsung EX2F Nikon D700 Nikon 1 J1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow