Sunrise and Sunset Pics from Kauai, Hawaii

Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
cruzcat01
Regular MemberPosts: 191Gear list
Like?
Re: Sunrise and Sunset Pics from Kauai, Hawaii
In reply to AMM66, Oct 27, 2012

Thanks for the comments. It was really tough coming back home esp for our 20 month old son who enjoyed the beach so much that he used to mutter "water splash splash" in his sleep.

I think I had seen maybe a grand total of 2 sunrises in my life till about a week ago.  The 3 hr time difference from PST made it perfect as our bio clocks were tuned to wake up around 5.00 AM local time.  Kauai is indeed a tropical paradise and if life was fair everyone should have a chance to visit Hawaii at some point.

Brian, thanks for the tip. Will give the tool a try and see how it turns out. I had to use f22 with 2 ND filters stacked to try and get a long exposure for the milky water. It turned out Ok but I guess stacking 2 filters at wide angle resulted in vignetting in some of the pictures and also sharpness was not that great even for the SAL 16-50mm.

I tried and learned something new in taking those pictures. Hopefully will get a chance to take such pictures in the future.

cruzcat01's gear list:cruzcat01's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sony DT 55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow