Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AMM66
Regular MemberPosts: 134
Like?
Yikes! Dropped a57 & CZ16-80 lens in Water
Oct 27, 2012

Has anyone had any experience dropping a camera in water and saving it?  Somehow my tri-pod & camera fell into shallow water today.  I grabbed it immediately and it wasn't soaked.  I cleaned the outside immediately and opened the battery compartment which seemed dry.  The viewfinder had water in it and there is water inside the lens.  Unfortunately, there is a water spot on the sensor.  I currently have both sitting in a bowl of rice since this is the only method for drying electronics that I know.  I once washed my cell phone in a pair of pants and saved it with this method.  Anyway, I know that even if the lens drys out it will be left with water spots or smears on the inside so my fear is that it is not salvageable.  Do any of you know if a lens can be taken apart by a professional and fixed after it has been wet?  If I do send the camera or lens in for repairs who do you recommend?  Sony themselves, or is there a better option?

Thanks, Angie

Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow