Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,658Gear list
Like?
SX50 - pulled the trigger today
Oct 27, 2012

I know some of you are going to say you knew I would. Guilty as charged. All the great information all the early adopters around here have supplied over the last couple of weeks really kept my interest up. Much thanks to all. Getting a chance to play with one for an hour earlier this week (even though in the rain), which introduced me to the faster autofocus, shorter shutter lag, new second zoom assist button and of course longer optical zoom really impressed me. Really love that assist button. But what sealed the final deal? Actually, an e-mail I received this morning with a 20% in store coupon from Staples on any one item. Called them up, took a ride, and bought my new SX50 for $383.99. Just could no longer resist.

So I think my wife is going to be happy, since she occassionally eyes my SX40 (she carries her SX230 that sometimes is just not long enough for her.) But before I hand it over, I'll have to do some comparisons between the two big zooms. Should be fun. That's of course if we ever see the sun anytime soon. It's been a week or so and with the big storm on its way, don't know when I'll be able to get to it. Stay tuned.

But in the meantime, the SX40 has been a wonderful companion on my late afternoon walks at the preserve this fall. So here's a collection in its honor, starting with a stitched five image panorama of Swan Lake:

Swan Lake at Rockefeller Preserve

Now for various flora, fauna, landscapes and details, using focal lenghts from 40mm to 3360mm (full frame equiv) to show the beauty of the Lower Hudson Valley in the fall.

Five minutes before the rain.

Hope you enjoyed this tribute to the SX40. Obviously I really enjoy this camera. My new SX50 has a lot to live up to.

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

Vision

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow