Started Oct 26, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sammy Yousef
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,416Gear list
Like?
Thumbs down trolls
Oct 26, 2012

I'm now reasonably certain there is some person who needs to get some help giving me a thumbs down within a few minutes no matter what I post.

Before you call me paranoid here are some of my reasons for thinking this:

- Lots of threads with just one -1 for each of my responses on a thread. I have had a post where all I said was thanks modded down.

- LIGHTNING quick thumbs down responses in some cases. I am kind of hoping I'm wrong, because anyone who'd stalk a board like that literally has mental health issues and requires help.

How much does this bother me? Well I'm not going to be losing any sleep over it, but it is unpleasant. A bit like being followed around by a blow fly. I believe a couple of people who think it's their god given right to abuse and put down anyone who disagrees with them, and who I've refused to engage in a verbal abuse contest, have found an outlet that unfortunately has been legitimised by the way this board is being run. Between bugs, lack of tech reviews, and harassment from losers like this all in all this place is gradually becoming more hassle than it's worth.

Anonymous thumbs down has to be THE single worst moderation idea I've seen implemented in a long time.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
BTWNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow