Show Your Snaps...October 22, 2012

Started Oct 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
carnaga
Regular MemberPosts: 301Gear list
Like?
The Winter is Back
In reply to Digirame, Oct 26, 2012

I have been kind of busy with different projects (wedding, anniversary, etc). Atm I'm really in need of wider range of lenses. So I'm still shooting with Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 OS EX only

Any ways two and half weeks ago I was photoshooting in a project where they were developing a system to extract wind power from lower atmosphere. They were testing their autonomic software and it's interface with miniature gliders. It was kind of interesting and I bursted about 700 RAW files. Here is one of them:

We spent whole morning testing the aviation software with these gliders.

During the time I've been off from dpreview and with my projects I bought a cheap flashgun: Nissin Di622 Mark II. Actually it's quite handy cause it supports 600D wireless flash function and it's way much cheaper compared to Canon flashes. So I tested it with my dog who is kind of weird: she has a bad habit to steal socks and treasure and guard them with her fangs. The more smelly the sock is the more precious...

To take this shot I needed lots of patience - to assure her that I'm not stealing it.

As I stated in the headline, the winter is back. On the other hand it's really nice but it's depressing: the last winter was awful and I hated it. And the summer was too short and cold. So yesterday we had our first snow. I needed to force myself out with my camera. For a surprise I had a really good time and I honestly enjoyed the weather.

The first snow took the nature and us by surprise. We didn't even have proper fall colors cause the birches had some kind of disease and they dropped their leaves before they tinted into wonderful colours.

For some unknown reason I had a rubber fish packed to my camera bag.

When I looked closer the snow reminded me about hails.

This is 7 shot HDR, combined with LR/Enfuse. 

Year after year the near forest is turning more and more "beautiful".

During the sunset dark clouds lurked over the horizon. The snowstorm took the nature by surprise over the night and today the ground is white while most of the trees are still having green leafs. This never happened before. 

This is how it looks today.

The snowstorm took everyone by surprise, specially the drivers. There has been lots of car crashes today because most of people didn't change their tires.

Thank you for watching =^.^=

-- hide signature --

carnaga's gear list:carnaga's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow