Started Oct 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lds2k
Forum MemberPosts: 87Gear list
Like?
PDN Photo Show at Javits Center and My D800
Oct 26, 2012

I finely did it. I went to B&H after the Photo Show at Javits yesterday and bought a D800. I waited for the show in hopes of getting a deal…. No deals but there were options. The B&H offers a Lowepro camera bag, Nikon `````battery and Sandisk 32MB CompactFlash Memory Card Extreme 400x with the purchase of the D800. I estimated the value at $246.68….. not bad. MidWest Micro was selling for list price but no tax. I elected to go with B&H.

While I was at the Nikon camera display the woman next to me was looking at the D4. She commented that she just sold her D800 because  a) the camera was unforgiving which resulted in soft images and b) the large size of the image files. The short answer the Nikon rep gave her for the soft image problem was she wasn’t shooting at the right speed required by 36MP resolution. I guess I don’t understand this stuff as well as I though because the problem and the solution didn’t make sense. We all know about the file size.

Unfortunately my only bad experience was at Epson. That’s too bad because I really enjoy the Epson both and their photos. They're the best at the show. Anyway, I asked a rep for a paper sample booklet that has all of the Epson paper. He asked me which printer I had (3880) then opened a draw that was empty and said they must be all out. I said geez it’s 12 noon on the first day of the show and you’re all out? Yes, we’re all out. I didn’t feel like arguing.  Too bad for me.

Anyway I’m looking for forward to the D800

lds2k's gear list:lds2k's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +12 more
Nikon D4 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow