Thinking of switching from M43 to NEX

Started Oct 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
DoctorJerry
Regular MemberPosts: 399Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking of switching from M43 to NEX
In reply to elliotsam, Oct 26, 2012

Eliott

I am thinking the same thing, but I am way ahead of you. I have the Olympus Pen LP2 with the 14-150 lens which i dearly love but I also have the NEX 3, NEX 5N and the F3. I recently sold my NEX 7. I teach digital photography which is sort of an explanation of why I can't make up my mind. I brought both The LP2 and the F3 with me to Rome where I am writing this. In the 10 days I have been here I shot 153 pictures with the LP2 and 1,063 with the F3 with the kit 18-55 lens. The image detail on the NEX images are fantastic even at ISO levels of 3200. That was just not possible with the LP2. I think the NEX 6 will be on my wish list and I will be selling the F3. I love the 5N but I slightly damaged the LCD so I will hold on to it as an emergency backup. I loan out the NEX 3 to students who want to see what a MIL camera is like. I sold the 7 because the image quality of the 5N was superior especially at higher ISO levels. Others have found the same thing.

Jerry

-- hide signature --

Someone has to tell the emperor that he has no clothes

DoctorJerry's gear list:DoctorJerry's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow