Started Oct 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alton (TN)
Contributing MemberPosts: 985
Like?
I guess little things do mean a lot
Oct 26, 2012

It has only been about 1.5 years since I bought a 5D MKII and I really was impressed at the time. When the 5D MKIII came out and the specs seemed less than many hoped for, I planned to skip that upgrade until I damaged my 5D MKII.

After considering going with the D800, I reluctantly fell back to the 5D MKIII because of collection of compatible Canon gear.

After the first few days of having the 5D MKIII, I knew I had good luck in my choice. I love this camera! And quite a bit more than I liked my 5D MKII. But why?

I think it is because of the little things that add up to being very close to exactly what I want in a camera. Little things that I never knew I wanted until I had it, like the locking mode dial and silent shutter. I love the color and IQ. Every shot is always a keeper unless I really mess up something.The improved ISO performance is useful to me.

And the not so small thing is the AF, which I think is something I couldn't live without now.

I think there will always be more glass I would love to have, but right now I'm not wanting another camera body. For once, I'm pretty much content with the 5D MKIII. Strange, since it is a camera body that I didn't intend to buy. This was one time I was guilty of judging a book by it's cover.

-- hide signature --

Alton

Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow