Started Oct 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ianbrown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,937
Like?
Fuji EX1 +DSLR?
Oct 26, 2012

I am the first to admit I have really struggled to get the balance between quality and portability. I want may cake and eat it and have had several cameras but usually the compact is simply just not good enough.

I bought the Nikon D600 and also the Sony RX100 and during a trip to London I took about 700 images on the D600 (300 when on trip to the zoo) and about 300 on the RX100. However when I downloaded the images I was blown away with the detail in the RX100, dont get me wrong the D600 was obviously better above 800 ISO but at base ISO they were both very closely matched.

So it got me thinking about maybe having 2 cameras, now the RX100 is good but has no viewfinder which I feel is essential. So I am thinking of buying the EX1 and 18-55 lens which will cover about 75% of my photographic needs and give me excellent quality.

Plus buy the Nikon D700 and use the Tamron 70 - 300 which I already have for wild life stuff etc

What you think?

Ian

Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Samsung TL500 (EX1) Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow