50mm 1.8D AF Nikkor vs. 35mm 1.8G AF-S DX (NOOB)

Started Aug 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
kenju4u
Regular MemberPosts: 136Gear list
Like?
Re: 50mm every time
In reply to pavi1, Oct 26, 2012

pavi1 wrote:

kenju4u wrote:

Hello,

Read all the posts on this forum cause I am in the same boat. Cant decide between the 35mm and 50mm 1.8D.

I just purchased a D7000 so I am starting my lens collection. My question is which one is better for video shooting? the 50mm D seems to have a manual aperture control which could be of use when shooting video, but how useful is it and is it worth giving up what the 35mm offers for it?

-- hide signature --

CAMERAS : Sony A200, Fuji F30, iPhone 4
---------------------------------------------------------
LENS: Sony 1870 Kit Lens, Minolta 70-200 3.5-4.5 Lens, Minolta 50mm 1.7f prime lens

Set the lens you have at 35mm and take some shots, then set it at 50mm and take some shots. Which do you wnt to buy first? You will eventually have both, it is just a question of which order.

-- hide signature --

Everything happens for a reason. #1 reason: poor planning
WSSA #44

That is not what my question is! What I am asking is which one is better for Video since the 50mm has the option to change aperture on the lens vs 35mm does not. Would the 50mm be more useful when recording video or is the aperture change feature not very useful?

Thanks for reading the question for answering!

-- hide signature --

CAMERAS : Sony A200, Fuji F30, iPhone 4
---------------------------------------------------------
LENS: Sony 1870 Kit Lens, Minolta 70-200 3.5-4.5 Lens, Minolta 50mm 1.7f prime lens

kenju4u's gear list:kenju4u's gear list
Nikon D7000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow