SX50 no-Lock vs Lock real user video

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Condor
Senior MemberPosts: 1,768
Like?
Re: SX50 no-Lock vs Lock real user video
In reply to Condor, Oct 26, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zEOAN_MKmHY

The Lock button is reviewed at 0:59, it shows the sever movement of a handheld attempt at full zoom of a very distant subject, then Lock is activated at 1.10. Pay attention to the little focusing frame before and after. Where before reminds me when I tried my Raynox 2.2x TC with my present SX30, and then I even asked Phil to consider an option to increase IS with his CHDK for those purposes

Trying to verify if it really was the new Lock feature (new Framing Assist button) the one that stbilized the image, or if it was just the half press of the shutter, or just a stronger handling from the photographer, I carefully checked the video and I realized that when the image was indeed stabilized and clear the Lock icon appeard on the upper right corner of the LCD (Lock activated) and it does not appear on the blurred periods.

Here is the Lock icon taken from that same handheld video.

Reviewer showing the Lock button before testing it off and on

Here is the full zoom image, shutter half pressed (focus-green) but no Lock icon appears at the upper right corner, meaning Lock off.

Handheld full zoom image, shutter half pressed Lock- off (no Lock icon at upper right corner)

And here it is the same shot but with Lock activated, the Lock icon now appears at the upper right corner.

Handheld full zoom image, shutter half pressed Lock-on (Lock icon now appears at the upper rigt corner)

For what it could be worth it,

Ed

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow