Just Bought EOS-M dual lens kit.

Started Sep 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
10s
10s
Regular MemberPosts: 198Gear list
Like?
Re: Just Bought EOS-M dual lens kit.
In reply to Lk400, Oct 26, 2012

What a nice thread this is! I recently bought a 650D/18-135STM combo and the information in this thread reflects my positive experiences with the 650D in liveview and video mode. The touch UI is a joy to use, for P&S upgraders and DSLR veterans alike.

Some are whining about focus speed but for everyday use I find the hybrid focus is pretty good. The spec bragging guys seem to have exchanged megapixels by focus speed "mine is faster than yours". However, no mirrorless comes close to the sports focus tracking of DSLR anyway. And frankly in many cases you don't need that; getting the composition right takes time and focus speed is absolutely no issue then, especially with continuous AF turned on.

I am glad that accurate and responsive focus is made available with touch AF, certainly with shallow DOF, something I cannot easilly do with the DSLR viewfinder. My pictures have improved, and so has my keeper rate.

So Canon managed to get the total package right. For those who care about photography and movie making. Compact usability with style. I like that...

10s's gear list:10s's gear list
Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow