Started Oct 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Delta4
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Please help me decide - Pany G3/GF2/G5 or Oly PL2/PL3/PM1/PM2
Oct 26, 2012

I've read loads of professional and user reviews and threads over the last month.  Unfortunately, only one Sony NEX model is available in my town and I'm not interested in Sony.  I'm sure I could make a decision in a half hour if I could just handle them.
I have a Pentax K100D DSLR (which I rarely use because of its bulk) and a variety of nice point and shoots.
I have 4 main wants in my next camera - nice bokeh, great pictures of my dogs especially their beautiful eyes without flash, great skin tones, and low light evening scenic photos.
The Panasonic G3 has features I'd like - articulating LCD, viewfinder and built-in flash.  But I haven't ruled out the gf2 or Olympus e-pl2/e-pl3/e-pm1.  The cost of all of these are close enough that any price differences don't matter to me.

If the Oly PM2 or the Pany G5 are significantly better, then I don't mind paying more for one of them.  (The Oly OMD EM5 is out of my price range!)

I've read a few posts that say Olympus skin tones are better than Pany. For those of you that have used both, do you find that true and which models did you compare?
I'll also get a prime soon. The Pany 20mm f1.7 and Oly 45mm f1.8 sound like great choices.
I really appreciate any advice.  I'm ready to quit analyzing and buy one of them

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Pentax K100D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow