Started Oct 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
elliotsam
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
Thinking of switching from M43 to NEX
Oct 26, 2012

Basically as the title says, I currently have a Panasonic GF5, 20mm pancake, 45-175 zoom and samyang fisheye..

I've always admired Sony NEX cameras, love the design and interface, love the larger sensor, the main thing putting me off before was lens selection.. Quite a few new lenses have come out in the past year and I'm considering selling all my m43 and going NEX.

The camera I'm thinking of is the NEX-5N, which is currently at a ridiculously low price of £399 with the 18-55 and 16mm pancake. I'm then thinking of purchasing the Samyang NEX fisheye the 55-210 and then something else... I've got my eye on a the new 35mm, I want something that will deliver shallow DOF as I dont think the kit lens will do much, and apparently the pancake is next to useless (still will be nice to have a small package from time to time)

I know the NEX-5r is out now, but from what I can see the upgrades aren't huge.. The wi-fi would be nice to have but not essential, the new auto-focus seems great but I don't think I can justify the £200 premium for that.. Am I missing anything else here?

Any thoughts on what I'm proposing?

Thanks for any help, Elliot

NEX5R Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow