7D vs 5DIII- there really IS a substantial difference!

Started Oct 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jwinberg1
Contributing MemberPosts: 618Gear list
Like?
7D vs 5DIII- there really IS a substantial difference!
Oct 26, 2012

Hi Gang:

I was a happy 7D user, have been agonizing about going full frame for a good while (a friend lent me a D700 which generated "full frame lust), and finally decided to “go for it”.
I got the 5D III 2 days ago, and shot a live performance at a studio with it last night, mixed fluorescent light at a rather low level.  I had little time to learn it, so set it as well as I could, and blazed away at the rapidly moving performer, ISO 6400, shutter priority at 1/400, with my new 24-105 f4 L lens, and prayed for the best.
I looked at the images last night, and they are among the best I have ever shot, with one of 255 unsharp!  I used my usual Lightroom imports, but the sharpness, contrast, colors were so good that I had to dial back both clarity and vibrance to avoid over processing!  Dynamic range was better, and noise was easily controlled in Lightroom.  I wish I had made this decision long ago, but plan to really enjoy this machine NOW!

jwinberg1's gear list:jwinberg1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 650D Olympus E-M1
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow