Like?
Re: Pale colors with g1x
In reply to Dimitri Khoz, Oct 26, 2012

Dimitri Khoz wrote:

laquila65i wrote:

Dimitri Khoz wrote:

laquila65i wrote:

xooperman wrote:

Does anybody else have the same opinion.

Lack of contrast, saturation that lead to unispiring colors.

Does this have a solution? (not considering post production)

I sure see the same and I don't think there's a solution. You can adjust your curves in PS all you want, but if there's no color in the first place, the only way to get it back is to paint it in. Some people do that and like to do that, but I'm not one of them. My dream camera should help me to take a photo, not stay in the way. This Canon doesn't seem like my dream camera. That's why I didn't buy it. The last best G was the G12. The line ends right here, right now. Too bad...

Have you tried to print them. The pictures.

Sometimes what you see on the screen is not the same what you get on the photopaper.

And you can see that green, yellow and red are actually more accurate than is P&Ss like RX100 and G12.

I see what I see. No charts will ever convince me that I don't see right (charts are not me). I don't like the pale colors and the boring flat look of the G 1X pictures. I do have something to compare them to and I don't like them even a single bit.

Color rendering is very different with different brands.

Canon, Fuji and Nikon have their distinct colors.

Sony and Panasonic are trying to find the ballance too.

It is like in the old filmdays when some bought Agfa, some bought Fuji, some bought Canon film rolls.

You mean "Kodak film rolls", right ?

-- hide signature --

"I was shooting in Av mode and I swear I have done panorama modes that way before." - rattymouse

FrancoisXavier C's gear list:FrancoisXavier C's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 20-35mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow