If I migrate from APS-C to a99, which lenses will work?

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
flaca
Forum MemberPosts: 62
Like?
Re: If I migrate from APS-C to a99, which lenses will work?
In reply to LSHorwitz1, Oct 26, 2012

LSHorwitz1 wrote:

aarif wrote:

trainerKEN wrote:

the question is... why do you want to go FF? Maybe a APS-C camera can cater to your needs just fine.

Don't you see it's almost winter and the APS-C sensors hibernate so he needs an FF to shoot in the dark

Not so far from the truth! I want to do more low light / available light work and expect the full frame sensor will gain a noticeable improvement in noise reduction. The improved bokeh / reduced DOF may also have some eventual appeal also.

In that case may I recommend the Sigma 50mm f1.4 - a fabulous lens on FF and a decent price. Equiv to 35mm on APS-C and so a very useful all purpose lens, especially when I want wider aperture than the Zeiss 24-70. And of course you can get very narrow DOF if you wish. You could wait for the Zeiss 50 1.4, but it will be much more than the $500 Sigma. Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro is also excellent and relatively cheap and also works as a very nice, though a bit slow, portrait lens. Beercan is a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned, it really is a lovely lens and they're still available at giveaway prices.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow