Do you feel that Canon "price gouged" early 5D III buyers?

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
NicholasS
Regular MemberPosts: 156Gear list
Like?
Yes but it suited me at the time
In reply to cm71td, Oct 26, 2012

Yes but I knew what I was doing and I am glad I got shots of Paris, Berlin and Copenhagen with the new camera.

It was clear that the price was high and Canon has earned themselves a highly skeptical future customer.

Please do not be blinkered Canon supporters or they will continue to do this to those us heavily invested in Canon lenses.

I am happy with the camera and feel I made the correct choice. I now welcome the competition and hope Canon refrains from such behaviour in the future. The only choice we have is to switch or invest in 2 systems. Instead of buying a new L lens I am going to buy the X-Pro 1 or EX-1 principally due to size and weight but there is a small part of me which would like to "bite back" at Canon.

I am old enough to be a wise consumer not a "fan boy". All this being said I think I bought the best "all round" high end DSLR for the travel I am fortunate to do. Next is Boston and New York...

___
Nick

NicholasS's gear list:NicholasS's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow