Started Oct 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jon404
Senior MemberPosts: 1,779
Like?
The dumbest question I never asked
Oct 26, 2012

Turned up my old Nikon FG out in the garage today -- put in 2 new batteries, after mild confusion as the battery name/number has changed over the years. And I downloaded an FG manual, because I couldn't remember how to use the exposure compensation dial.

Next, I went to this very website, and started searching the Forum list for a 35mm film forum, or a Nikon film forum, or, actuallly, any film forum at all.

And there were none. None! So, all revved up about this terrible lack of concern for old (or new) film cameras, I was all ready to start a PROTEST thread --

... but then it hit me --

That maybe the 'DP' in DPreview probably stood for -- could it be... Yes! Digital Photography!

And that's how I avoided posting the dumbest question that I never asked...

"Where's the film forum?"

P.S. -- In an age of hybrids, it was fun today to discover that the pop-off plastic lens cap from my Olympus XZ-1 fits perfectly over the 52mm Hoya UV filter on the old Nikon. Aha! I'll get another one, and keep it on a string just like on the XZ-1. Progress!

-- hide signature --

Jonathon Donahue -- Olympus XZ-1 tips at http://jon404.com

Olympus XZ-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow