Said Good Bye to my Canon 5D MK II today.

Started Oct 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
goshigoo
Contributing MemberPosts: 691
Like?
Re: Said Good Bye to my Canon 5D MK II today.
In reply to Chris_in_Osaka, Oct 26, 2012

Chris_in_Osaka wrote:

I've owned the Canon 5D Mark II since around the time the (disappointing) Olympus E-5 was released, a camera that prompted me to sell off all my 4/3's gear, stick with micro 4/3's for portability, and go full frame for my main camera.

Then came the O-MD and renewed faith in Olympus. I hadn't touched the 5D Mark II since I got my hands on the OM-D on morning of the release day in Japan. Over the months I've slowly sold off my FF gear (50mm f1.4, 100mm f2, 70-200mm f4, Tokina 16-28mm f2.8 etc.) until all that remained was the body, 24-105mm kit lens, and flash...all sitting unused and depreciating in value.

I toyed with the idea of getting rid of the 24-105 and picking up the 50mm f1.2 but in the end, the OM-D beat out the Canon in just about every way except, most obviously, the potential for more shallow DOF ( a crutch for many photographers if you ask me).
So, as of today, I am a m4/3's user only. And I've got a bit of cash in my pocket. Let's see....75mm f1.8? 12mm f2? 60mm f2.8? Maybe the Samyang 7.5mm fisheye?

May I know if the Bokeh/DoF is good enough on your OMD, comparing with your 5D2 + 50mm f1.4 / 100mm f2?

I think the main advantage for FF is shallow DoF

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yep.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow