ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
miles green
Senior MemberPosts: 3,650Gear list
Like?
DP1M questions
Oct 26, 2012

Hi everybody,

I'm considering the Sigma DP1 Merrill as a second camera for landscapes. First I'd like to thank you all for posting images here, especially the full-res ones - seeing these is certainly helps making my decision. I have used a DP2s briefly, a wonderful and inspiring camera.  After doing some research, i still have some questions.

1. Purple fringing - can the Sigma raw software remove it?

2. Long exposures: the DP2s had a rough time with hot pixels during long exposures. Has this been improved on the Merrill?

3. Lens flare? I haven't seen any, but how does it fare with the sun in the frame or just out of it? Do you use the hood?

Thank you!

PS: i know about all the limitations inherent to the foveon sensor (speed, battery drainage, high-iso, no 3rd party support of raws, etc) and i'm willing to deal with all that.

-- hide signature --

Miles Green
Pentaxian with chronic LBA
Corfu, Greece

miles green's gear list:miles green's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +9 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2s
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow