Fuji X10 Optical Viewfinder -- PAUL TILL invited

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
FrancoisXavier C
Regular MemberPosts: 157Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji X10 Optical Viewfinder -- PAUL TILL invited
In reply to rattymouse, Oct 26, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

This is unmitigated nonsense. NO photographer that I know can accurately guess a shutter speed in a changing lighting environment. When shooting in aperture priority mode one needs to insure that the selected aperture allows for sufficient shutter speed to stop motion as well as prevent camera shake blur. Only in the most constant of (bright) light can one discard the need for such information. When lighting is less than bright, or when the sun has gone down, replaced with artificial light, you can have WILD and extreme swings of shutter speeds. It is beyond laughable that one could expect that "being familiar with your camera and how it acts" would be a reasonable solution to the complete and total lack of information in the viewfinder.

Maybe that's why they put this green light near the viewfinder : once you're "familiar with your X10 and how it acts", you know that a blinking light means there might be a problem with your focus/exposure.

Now, if you're a senior citizen hampered by a problematic peripheral vision ...

-- hide signature --

"I was shooting in Av mode and I swear I have done panorama modes that way before." - rattymouse

FrancoisXavier C's gear list:FrancoisXavier C's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 20-35mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow