Big Surprise at Adorama in Person Today - price revision downwards???!!!

Started Oct 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hoboken Michelle
Regular MemberPosts: 104Gear list
Like?
Big Surprise at Adorama in Person Today - price revision downwards???!!!
Oct 26, 2012

So I finally went ahead and went to Adorama (midtown New York City) in person on Thursday afternoon to purchase the G1-X.  Despite thinking that I would get the camera for $664 (as per the website on Wednesday), I was in for a big surprise at the store.  The salesman told me that the "in-store rate" was only $599! I asked him if it was refurbished or something wrong with it or some other aberration I should know, and he said no.

Boom!  Purchased the camera and a couple other accessories for the camera.  I don't think anyone has brought this new, updated comparison but is it now a no-brainer (if you live in the NYC area) that it is a downright steal that the G1-X is at $599?  That versus the G15 at $499 or XZ-2 at $600, etc, etc.  Read the entire manual tonight and referenced some key threads/posts by some of you on here.  Prepped for a couple of crazy Halloween parties on Friday and Saturday nights, so I plan on shooting (other people) in my first few real attempts with the camera.

Michelle

Hoboken Michelle's gear list:Hoboken Michelle's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Canon PowerShot G15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow