WOW, K5II-s vs a99 base iso raw-

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
solarider
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,770Gear list
Like?
Re: WOW, K5II-s vs a99 base iso raw-
In reply to Maxeyesore, Oct 26, 2012

The K5IIs is good, the A99 has more detail in the fabric without a doubt, it's a nice camera. Everybody makes nice products with little differences here and bigger there. Take it easy, enjoy life. Competitions are so left brained masculine crazyiness that it lacks the balance of right brain feminine  artistic and lateral thinking.

So tiring, so stupid.

Nic

Maxeyesore wrote:

So this is from a sony thread that has been trying to bash the D600 in favor of the a99. I popped in to suggest a base iso comparison with the II-s and a99, and was met with a tidal wave of hate and insults. Either way, I managed to escape with my life and a little raw file here.

Notice the two are focused at very different points. The interesting thing is, even though the II-s is OOF on the wall chart, it is still fairly close in sharpness to the a99, but comparing the cloth in the cup, it is a blowout. The K5 is leagues ahead. Perhaps the DOF is more shallow on the a99? Either way, the fact that the K5 which is obviously front focused is still close at the chart is impressive.

I said it there so I'll say it here, I am expecting the II-s to outresolve the $2800 a99 at lower iso, of course falling off at higher stops as FF is simply FF. Tell us what you think.

-- hide signature --

To see is to believe...PENTAX

-- hide signature --

History would be something extraordinary, if only it were true. Leo Tolstoy
Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the U.S. media.
Noam Chomsky
History would be something if only it was true. Leo Tolstoy
Science... became scientism, which means it didn't just pursue its own truths, it aggressively denied that there were any other truths at all... K. Wilbur
At any given moment, there is a sort of all pervading orthodoxy, a general tacit
agreement not to discuss large and uncomfortable facts… Anyone who
challenges the prevailing orthodoxy finds himself silenced with surprising
effectiveness. - George Orwell
“It's not a matter of whether the war is not real, or if it is, Victory is not possible. The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. … The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over [the purported enemy], but to keep the very structure of society intact.” George Orwell, 1984

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow