Should I pull the trigger on a 5DC?

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
gipper51
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,008Gear list
Like?
Re: Should I pull the trigger on a 5DC?
In reply to Collett, Oct 26, 2012

Collett wrote:

How much can a used 5dII be had for these days? I have never owned the 5dc, but I would think the additional megapixels, ability to microadjust focus, and sensor cleaning would be well worth the extra $.

-- hide signature --

Jim

As an owner of both a 5D and 5D2, I would say it's surprising how little difference those features make. Maybe I've lucked out and have a "golden sample" of the original 5D, but I've never had dust issues and all my lenses focus spot on, even my Tamron brand. Unless you only print posters, the 12.8mp in this camera is enough for just about any typical shooting. I've made prints 20x30 inches off my 5D, and they hold up surprisingly well if you don't crop them.

To the OP, I would say for a mere $600 that is buying an awful lot of image quality.

Some of my 5D pics, sorry it's not gorgoeous landscapes or chicks in bikinis On FF it's amazing the great bokeh and backrground separation you can get withslow (f4) lenses.

gipper51's gear list:gipper51's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow