The changing tide towards Mirrorless?

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
zenit_b
Regular MemberPosts: 221Gear list
Like?
Re: The changing tide towards Mirrorless?
In reply to Everdog, Oct 26, 2012

Everdog wrote:

"DSLR sales fell over last year, with Canon mentioning that its launch of new models like the EOS 5D Mark III didn't help to shore its camera figures up."

Canon are a bit stuck here. Mirrorless cameras are attracting defectors and new buyers alike. Canon, after saying in the UK that they didnt need mirrorless, finally released one but in a half hearted way with almost no lenses and no EVF. At the moment this is more like a "spoiler" camera to try and sucker first time buyers who when they want to upgrade get pushed to EOS DSLRs. Canon can do better than this if they try.

I'm glad I didnt wait for canon - I still have/use my canon DSLRs but I have bought a G2 as a trial and love it - especially the EVF. At least you know with Panasonic and Olympus they are fully committed to the system. They aren't deliberately soft pedaling mirrorless to try and protect their DSLRs. As a result they have great affordable lens range that leaves me spoiled for choice. Why does Canon think I would want to hang around waiting to see if they ever deign to release anything decent ?

Canon have to decide whether they really want to do mirrorless and either put a proper system up with lenses and EVF choices - or just drop the pretence and get out...

PS thanks for sharing the info Everdog - very interesting - to me anyway !!!.

zenit_b's gear list:zenit_b's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 350D Nikon D100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow