ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhotoRecon
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,032
Like?
The Seemingly Limit of the Camera
Oct 26, 2012

Hello:

Below is an image I had recently made, which I'm not minding to share with you; where, I had pushed one of my D3 cameras to "outside the wire," with an attached Kenyon Labs KS-8 gyroscopic stabilizer coupled to a VRII 70-200mm f/2.8 lens, used at 200mm, via use of an ultra-slow shutter speed of 1/10th second, as I physically stood on the landing skid of a photo ship, Robinson R-44 helicopter. The photo ship was in semi-hover, per my direction; and the subject UH-1 Huey photoed was made to be slowly moving in flight.

For me, through my professional photography, this image is perhaps the most extreme limit I've yet taken a camera on a dedicated, very expensive photo shoot (besides the photo ship helicopter, three subject helicopters and an airplane were flying for me, for a period of time). And for a low-rpm, 2-bladed helicopter, I've yet to see another image like it, at this level of quality.

The other images made during this photo shoot - are uniquely different as well.

Cheers to all y'all,

marc

Nikon D3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow