A99 and sensor evolution

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
J Birn
Contributing MemberPosts: 719Gear list
Like?
Re: A99 and sensor evolution
In reply to Maxeyesore, Oct 26, 2012

Maxeyesore wrote:

The problem with sony's sensor evolution is that eventually, they sell it to another brand. They need to work on things that they and only they will be using.

I'm trying to imagine when that's going to create a problem shooting with my a99. Imagine I'm about to get a perfect shot, the moment's great, the camera's ready, my subject is smiling in front of a beautiful background, but then -- suddenly -- I realize that other people have nice cameras also, and that ruins the moment, so I just don't take the picture.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Sony has proprietary technology. I appreciate having focus range set on the camera instead of more limited options on some of the lenses. I love having focus peaking. But, making sensors in a mass-production environment is what helped Sony catch up to and pass Canon, that's a smart business decision that's working.

-- hide signature --

Jeremy Birn

J Birn's gear list:J Birn's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sony 50mm F1.4 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow