Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lucas Jarvis
Regular MemberPosts: 465
Like?
What I like about the new V2 design
Oct 25, 2012

It's all subjective, but there are a couple of things I like with the new V2 design. I try not to look at cameras in a fashion sense, or what holds true to tradition, but rather what works best. I like design ideas that just make sense reflect the the intended use of the camera.

I like that the lens mount is as far to the left as possible. Sony also does this and I think it's a good idea when camera's start getting this small in size as it give more to grab on to.

I like the large protruding grip. Slim cameras only stay slim until you put a lens on them, so why not put a large grip on them? As long as it doesn't stick out farther than the slimmest pancake, then it's all good in my books.

Now I know that putting a PASM dial was supposed to make it a more familiar design, but personally I would prefer it to be left in the menu system if there is only limited space for two dials. Once you establish your shooting situation and pick the appropraite mode, it's not something that needs direct control to frequently change. There would be better uses for an external dial.

I think that the dial should stay of course, but instead it should be used to control exposure compensation which is probably the most used function I use on any camera, and the other dial should remain what it is, controlling aperture or shutter depending on the mode. This would also provide a good system for manual exposure where each dial could control shutter and aperture respectively.

Regards,
Lucas

Nikon 1 V2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow