Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lepton
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?
Camera Purchase Obsession Disorder <tm>
Oct 25, 2012

Howdy all, over the past few weeks, I've been consumed with the various options for my next camera purchase. When I say consumed, I mean I check the DP forums 3 or 4 times a day for new 6D, 5D3, and 600D posts. I have had the 5D3 ready for checkout in multiple online stores, multiple times, and backed out at the last second.

I am here to confeses my addiction and see if anyone else can relate. Here is my thought process:

• The 6D is out!! This is the full frame camera I've been waiting for!! Time to pull the trigger!!
  • Spending $2,000 on ANY camera makes no sense since, although I love photography, it is not my profession
  • But it's my artistic outlet - preserving kids memories - documenting their childhood - investment in the family - heck, I've earned the right to splurge on something!!
  • Time to pull the trigger!! Wait, the 600D looks like a better value - maybe I should give that a shot - why not see what the Nikon experience is like?
  • But I have a 50mm 1.4 that I've been dying to try on a FF, and a 580ex, etc... etc.. Also been dying to buy the 70-200 F4.
  • The 600D reviews are awesome. Dynamic range - hmmmmm - could that have come in handy with some of my shots? Man that 14-24 lens is drool worthy. $2k is a lot for a lens, but it will retain its value...
  • [Go to Best Buy - check out 600D, hey, look, it's the 5D3 - WHOA! MUST HAVE]... Hey look, the 5D3 is dropping in price!
  • Spending $3,000 on ANY camera makes no sense since, although I love photography, it is not my profession
  • But it's my artistic outlet - preserving kids memories - documenting their childhood - investment in the family - heck, I've earned the right to splurge on something!!
  • Wait, the 6D just got a good review on Techcrunch, why did I write that option off again?
  • By purchasing the 6D, I will be saving the family $1,000! (my rationalization is now complete, I am no longer spending money, I am SAVING money).
  • Time to pull the trigger!!! But wait, the 600D is a better value....

Rinse and repeat.

Funny thing is, I kind of enjoy obsessing over things like this.

Anyone else out there suffer from the same affliction?

John

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow