Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jaydubbs15
Contributing MemberPosts: 611
Like?
Canon should buy BlackBerry
Oct 25, 2012

BlackBerry is a collossal failure and its stock price reflects that.  But the PDA market is extremely lucrative.  I actually like my BB because of its raised keyboard and the fact that I mostly use it to send and read emails and to make and receive calls.  But the BB could be rescued from obscurity with a high end camera feature!  That's where Canon comes in.   And given BB's plummeted stock price, Canon might be able to buy the company quite cheaply.  Now would be a good time to buy the company too, before it releases its new line of phones.  Canon could only manage the company better than the current BB management, and given Canon's camera market clout, it would raise BB's appeal considerably.  The only challenge would be to improve BB's web based abilities and to create and attract 3rd party apps.  But Canon couldn't do worse than BB itself and if it only added a high-end camera feature then that alone might be worthwhile for would-be consumers.  It would certainly make me think twice about switching to an iPhone or Android based phone.

Thoughts?

Jay

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow