New NEX 7 purchase ... day 3 ... first impressions and a query about setup

Started Jul 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Canadapt
New MemberPosts: 20Gear list
Like?
Re: New NEX 7 purchase ... day 3 ... first impressions (follow up a few months on ... )
In reply to Canadapt, Oct 25, 2012

Well, I'm several months into this NEX 7 now and I like it more each day I use it which is about the highest compliment I can pay to a camera. My A700 is languishing on a shelf for the most part although once in a while I use it with my 70-300mm G. I missed the OVF at first but I have slowly adapted to the EVF and now truly appreciate its advantages while finding with continued use I have learned to live with the lower contrast in the shadows when viewing. My Zeiss 16-80mm with the LA-EA2 has been on the NEX 7 about 80% of the time but I just bought a used copy of the 18-200mm Sony, the old one, not the the LE. I am hoping this will be the combo that I use for travelling - relatively light compared to carrying the equivalent range for the A700? I am a stickler for quality and maybe the "big" zoom will be too much of a compromise? For those that have this lens ... what has been your experience? Cheers!

Canadapt's gear list:Canadapt's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow