ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andrbar
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,805Gear list
Like?
Nikon V2 and panorama mode?
Oct 25, 2012

Hello,

The V2 looks interesting. Might be my next camera (still balancing between it and the NEX6 + 16-50).

As a Nikon shooter (D90 and P7100) I value the Nikon AF much more than any else brand. And a slightly noisy but perfectly focused picture will always be better than a noise free slightly blurry one, due to a weak AF.

It seems the Nikon 1 lenses are very good, too, while the Sony 16-50 seems a bit soft on the edges. Also, my understanding is that the Nikon 1 zooms are manual, while the Sony is motor driven, which drains power. Am I right?

I suppose Nikon has improved the low light performance with the new sensor, but there's something I don't know: does the V2 allow some kind of "sweep panorama" mode? Didn't read anything about that in the specs...

-- hide signature --
 andrbar's gear list:andrbar's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +3 more
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow