Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DaveJC
Senior MemberPosts: 1,747Gear list
Like?
Sigma DP1M vs Pentax K-5 IIs
Oct 25, 2012

Now to start with, I already have a K-5 which I really like and enjoy with my 43mm on up to Tamron Adaptall 400mm with AFA 1.7. So mid to very long tele is great. I also own a DA 15 and 21 which are fun on the street but not the best when doing landscapes. Not saying you can't use them, just particularly the 15 has soft corners which lend to great bokeh but not fine detail. I am intrigued by the Sigma DP1M which is a 28mm equivalent lens so kind of sits between the two. I could see me carrying it plus the FA 43, 77 and DFA 100 on nature walks. My K-5 for medium to tele plus macro then the DP1M for and detailed wide shots where I really want all the detail not softness. The only wrinkle in my plan is the K-5 IIs plus some other UWA lens. A zoom perhaps. Waiting to see some real life landscapes from our members and if that route is possibly better.

-- hide signature --

DaveJC

DaveJC's gear list:DaveJC's gear list
Fujifilm X-M1
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma DP1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow