Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
mugupo
Contributing MemberPosts: 608Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji W3 video limit to 20 seconds
In reply to Billx08, Oct 25, 2012

Billx08 wrote:

mugupo wrote:

I recently got the Fuji 3D W3 camera, i enjoy but one major problem was the video.

I can't record more than 20 seconds even with different sd card.

Is there any significant difference between the two SD cards? We have little to go with if you don't identify the cards. What brand, what capacity, and more importantly, what is the speed rating? Are the cards SD, SDHC, SDXC? Are then Class(2), Class(4), Class(6) or Class(10)? The fastest are the UHS-1 SD cards but they're expensive and far faster than the W3 would be able to take advantage of.

Just as a test, I assume that you can reduce the video quality. Try that, format one of the memory cards and see how long it can record videos. If you're using a memory card that's highly fragmented, that can prematurely stop video recording if the card isn't fast enough do deal with the write delays that fragmentation introduces.

Sandisk class 10 sdhc, and the other one i think is kingston class 6.

mugupo's gear list:mugupo's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon PowerShot S110 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow