Amidst all of the K-5 II and IIs excitement I decided to opt for the K-5...... Very pleased so far.

Started Oct 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
pixelsmithy
Regular MemberPosts: 206Gear list
Like?
Re: Amidst all of the K-5 II and IIs excitement I decided to opt for the K-5..Very pleased so far.
In reply to sgtsween, Oct 25, 2012

I'm a "bang for the buck" guy and just upgraded from a K-x to the K-5 about 6 months ago. Looking at the K-5 body prices today it is an absolute no-brainer. I think it is interesting that the original K-5 has been out 2 years and still has not been surpassed by another APS-C camera. If you look at Amazon's owner reviews it still gets 5 stars (overall). Not too many cameras with that kind of satisfaction level. (Heck the vaunted Nikon D800/E are both at only 4 stars (overall).

I think the K-5 is just a stunning achievement and, while I hope the ii/s models are more of the same, I personally would not get rid of my K-5 before it was proven.

pixelsmithy's gear list:pixelsmithy's gear list
Pentax *ist D Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow