5D3 Standard Zoom: 24-105L IS OR 24-70L II?

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jayelae
Regular MemberPosts: 140
Like?
5D3 Standard Zoom: 24-105L IS OR 24-70L II?
Oct 25, 2012

I posted this query befiore but it was buried within another thread so I trust that it is OK to re-post for I need help on this.

I have a 5D3 with a kit 24-105 L. I like to shoot interior shots without flash, portraits or groups of people and general scenics or tourist attractions. I don't really do sports, BIF or anything fast moving. Before this, I came from a 7D with a 17-55 f/2.8 (now sold) and, before this, a 40D..

Assuming that budget is not a consideration, would it be better to sell the 24-105 and get the 24-70 L II as my all-purpose, walk around lens? There seem to be so many factors to consider with just the lens themselves -- f/4 versus f/2.8; less distortion both ends with the 24-70; better IQ, color rendition with the 24-70; IS versus no IS, 105 vs 70 tele end (better reach) ....

I also have such questions as -- for portraits, is the 24-70L II at 70MM better than the 24-105L at 100MMM when it has been generally said that the 85MM-100MM range is the ideal focal length range for portraits?

Many thanks for your thoughts and suggestions!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow