Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nixda
Senior MemberPosts: 1,919Gear list
Like?
ND Filters on Wide Angle Lenses
Oct 25, 2012

The topic has come up before here or there, but usually hidden in threads about other topics, so I thought I'd bring this up specifically.

As I am waiting for my X-E1 I was contemplating ND filters and was wondering what filter size is appropriate for use with wide-angle lenses (including the the 18mm) without getting any vignetting.

Is the Cokin P big enough, or is it necessary to step up to the Z series?

What about the Lee RF75? Expensive for sure, but also good.

I am not totally opposed to variable filters, so if there is any good info please let me know.

I am more opposed to screw-on filters, but I'd be willing to listen to any size recommendations here as well.

Of course, it would be great to know filter-size requirements for the announced wide-angle lenses, particularly the Zeiss 12mm, or the Fuji 10-24mm, but I can't find much info about lens sizes and thread diameters. Still, ideally I'd like to cover all those lenses.

Thank you so much in advance!

nixda's gear list:nixda's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow