X-Pro1/X-E1 w/MF Lenses and some thoughts...

Started Oct 23, 2012 | Questions thread
JamF
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Re: It's not complicated
In reply to Jordan Norris, Oct 25, 2012

Jordan Norris wrote:

Somehow screwed up that post and it wont let me edit.

My mindset is that a little more work for a photograph that otherwise wouldn't have been, is a no brainer.

I realize there'd be some extra work involved with the manual lenses. But when they cost around $100-$200 give or take for fairly decent primes... my thinking is that it would be totally worth it if I look at from the right perspective.

"Obviously they're fully manual lenses, and this requires some extra thinking if you're not used to setting both aperture, focus distance and shutter speed manually. Especially on the X-mount, since it cannot calculate a matching shutterspeed to a chosen aperture, as is possible on the Canon mount. (Also - remember to turn the "shoot without lens" feature ON in your camera in order to make this lens work!)."

Thanks, I assumed that's how it would work, but got mixed ideas from a review of the Samyang/Rokinon 8mm fisheye for the x-pro1:

Can anyone who's used maunal lenses on XE-1 help me. I'm think about getting one to use manual lense with but I'm not sure if the camera will return to normal view from 3x or 10x expanded view after you half press the shutter, or do you have to press a different button? On my old ELP-2, I had to press 2 buttons to bring up the expanded view and 1 button return to to normal for framing before I can press the shutter to take the shot. I hope Xe-1 is easy, just like NEX-7.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow