ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Setter Dog
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,949
Like?
ZS20 with Clearviewer-a comment from user
Oct 25, 2012

Hello Folks,

I have always carried a small shirt pocket camera  on my quail hunting trips, usually a Panasonic ZS series. They work for me. Last season, I had trouble finding my dog at a distance when trying to shoot video or even when using long zoom with my ZS20. After much give and take on this forum, I bought a Clearviewer, which worked fine. I never really had an occasion where I needed it at close range due to sun glare on the LCD.

Well, yesterday I had a really fine opportunity for a close picture of the dogs pointing quail. I flipped the CV out of the way to frame the dogs. I could see NOTHING, ZERO, NADA. I extended the CV and took a couple of really good pictures. Without it, I could not have gotten anything.

Interestingly, when I got back to the cars, I showed my friend the pictures, which also included his bird dog. He loved them and mentioned that he had tried to take a picture and could not see anything in his ZS10. I showed him the CV and he will be getting one.

I'm not much for accessories, but the Clearviewer is a great addition to these small cameras. I wanted to pass on a personal experience for those that may have had a similar problem with their LCD.

Jack

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 (Lumix DMC-TZ6)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow