Started Oct 25, 2012 | Questions thread
1DanC
Regular MemberPosts: 193Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony A99 Australia - GPS? 24p? I'm confused
In reply to Manahoar, Oct 25, 2012

Gudday

Check this link out

http://www.steves-digicams.com/knowledge-center/video-frame-rates-24p-25p-30p-60i.html

If you buy outside of the US and Canada you will get 25p.  I have no idea why the Camera can't be programmed to do both, maybe its a licensing thing.  If you get a tape videocam the relationship is mechanical because it relates to the Rotating drum that records the signal.  Electronically for an A77 it beats me why it can't be a firmware crossgrade.  I would have thought that a US firmware burn should deliver 24p and an AUS burn would deliver 25p.  The base electronics I would have thought would be the same.  Anyway, it is correct if you buy in AUS you get 25p.  Question is do you care since you can convert and in any case most TV's play both agnositcally.  You need to check your TV as this would avoid conversion.

As for the GPS I would believe the marketing.

If you are coming from the US, note that the price is lower in the US than in Aus, I checked all this out in the end I bought from Hong Kong on a trip there, Paid around 1050 for the body.

Dan C

1DanC's gear list:1DanC's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow