ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MrBlissfly
Regular MemberPosts: 269
Like?
DP2m and the tyranny of choice
Oct 25, 2012

Hi

I am eagerly awaiting delivery of a DP2m and wanted to share a thought to see what others think.

I have forgone large heavy cameras as I (or more accurately my spine) can't heave them around anymore. The Dp2m will suite my, very narrow, particular needs very well and am very very impressed with it's image quality. I don't see anything 'reachable' to match it. But it is this quality that then makes one re-examine other choices.

I need a light camera with reasonable quality and pref video to compliment the DP2m.

The choice with around £1000 budget is mindblowing (especially buying used) and now the IQ really is at the stage of nit picking. Previously I may have peeped long and hard at subtle differences but reality is they are now simply variations on a theme.

I could go for GH2 or even GH1 dirt cheap used, GF1, Nex5n, Nex5R, Nex7, Nex6, Fuji XE-1, X10, Samsung NX, OMD, RX100, GX1.

I've probably missed some though, I think that I will go with the RX100 as it will give far superior images as I will be more likely to have it with me

Richard

Formally posting as 'Blissfly'

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow