Do lens caps fit on Marumi DHG ND filters?

Started Sep 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
akustykmagmanetpl
Contributing MemberPosts: 607Gear list
Like?
Re: Do lens caps fit on Marumi DHG ND filters?
In reply to jrichmond, Oct 25, 2012

For a Panasonic camera would you say a Marumi or a Panasonic filer would be better -- or no difference? I am looking for a circular polarizer and want a good one. Thanks!

I've no experience with Panasonic filter, so can't really tell if they're good or no. AFAIK those "camera manufacturers filters" are usually just rebranded filters of some known filter producer like Hoya or Marumi, quite often a bit more expensive than Hoya or Marumi proper counterpart but the "usually" above doesn't have to apply to Panasonic as well, keep that in mind.

IMHO, if the price of a Marumi Super DHG filter is fine with you, then you really can't go wrong with this filter, so I can surely recommend this one as a safe choice. if you don't want to spend that much, Hoya's standard line (multicoated, earlier known as blue series, because of its blue boxes - see: http://photo-help.com/canon/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Hoya-52mm-Circular-Polarizing-Glass-Filter.png ) is perfectly fine - it's inexpensive, good optically, very nice mechanically and unlike the more expensive grey (HMC) and black (Super HMC) series of Hoya - it's not a horror to clean the filter.

akustykmagmanetpl's gear list:akustykmagmanetpl's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow