Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gordon1965
Junior MemberPosts: 47Gear list
Like?
Some A77 pics Planes, Water - newish and happy A77 user
Oct 25, 2012

My first posting with photo's so C&C welcomed and I understand the "rules of engagement" herein.

Firstly comments. I am a new DSLR/SLT user and purchased the A77 in June this year and been taking many pictures ever since and having a splendid time with it and really enjoy using it. At this time my previous experience had been with an old "Made in Occupied Japan Konica 2 and an OM10 all when I was 18-20; and then a year ago jumped back in with an NEX 5. But outgrew the Nex 5 and especially the lack of a viewfinder. So with no affiliation to any brand, checked out all the options with a Canon friend. I ended up getting the A77 for the viewfinder ( I prefer the EVF maybe due to my screwy eyesight with a stigmatism ! ), the in-body IS and overall value for money.

Secondly, I started learning again. I joined a local photography club and did 2 courses and began "drinking photography information from a fire-hose. I now know what a fast lens is and hyper focal distance etc. I go out regularly with a bunch of people who all have Canons, Nikons, Leicas, Pentax and Sonys and we all get on famously and have a great time discussing photography. Everyone seems to take good and bad pictures no matter what brand they shoot with. Even started a camera club at work with some colleagues and the company is putting 200 of our photo's on the new office wall now. Bought the Gary Friedman A77 book which has been wonderful and also subscribed to Cameracraft which I highly recommend. Starting using Lightroom 4 and steep learning curve but slowly getting there.

Thirdly, have been reading the forum here for 6 months which has provided some great information ( I realise how much I have to learn egad ! ), great inspiration ( amazing pictures to aspire to ) and also much amusement ( I thought the trolls were all killed early on in The Hobbit ? ). I think the information sharing is great and enjoy the enthusiasm, care and patience generally shown here.

Fourthly, obsessing about pictures, images, light, colour, shadows, the sun, time of day, lenses, tripods ( have 2 now one for travel and one for home ), bags ( have 4 now ) and any other camera gear.

Fifthly, I realise there is so so much still to learn, but in the meantime having great fun and making the most of my opportunities to take photo's around the world as I am lucky to travel for work frequently.

MBS Singapore Handheld 35mm 1.8

Fleet Week San Fran Tammy 70-300

No PP at all - JPG straight out of camera

I had issues resizing this in Lightroom...

Cheers Gordon

Gordon1965's gear list:Gordon1965's gear list
Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +1 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow