Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian Thomas
Contributing MemberPosts: 531
Like?
new film about street photography
Oct 25, 2012

I have just published on my site, "Buying", a new film about street photography and a new kind of digital portfolio. It was photographed on the streets of Istanbul using a Pentax DSLR. Along with practical advice about street photography the film contrasts buying in traditional and modern markets. In the midst of all its revealing photographs of Turkish consumers it does not forget that the digital photographer is, himself, first a consumer.

"Buying" uses the Ken Burns effect to explore the impact of consumerism on Islam and ourselves.

Will the ultra-wide lens work for the street photographer? This film argues it will.

My earlier work in multimedia has been widely reviewed. However, my passion for photography predates my concerns with multimedia and I am now seeking in an engaging thought-provoking way to combine these two interests. If you are just interested in practical tips about street photography or have a wider concern about how digital photography can be about using the computer to its full potential check out my free film here:

http://www.pileofprints.com/Films/Buying/

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow