V2 vs NEX 6 (side by side fact sheet)

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Alexis D
Regular MemberPosts: 382
Like?
Re: More surprise - error
In reply to Sergey Borachev, Oct 25, 2012

Sergey Borachev wrote:

I am sorry that there was an error in the weight I indicated in my previous post. I got the V2's weight from the specifications published by DPR, which is not what is on Nikon website and various other sources. DPR's weight for the V2, contrary to what is said, does not include the weight of the battery. The weight of the V2 with battery should be 337g. The weight of its kit lens is 115g.

So, the total weight of the V2 kit should therefore be 452g, i.e. the V2 kit is only 9g lighter than the NEX-6 kit.

I have corrected the error below.

Sony NEX6, Olympus E-PL5, Nikon V1, Nikon V2, Nikon V1

Nikon V2 with 10-30mm kit lens $900

Sony NEX-6 with 16-50mm kit lens $1000

452g vs 461g

Nikon V2 is 9 g lighter. Other than that its main advantage in this group is its 15 fps.

NEX-6 has only 10 fps, but it also has 2.2M dot EVF, tilting screen, Wi-Fi, focus peaking, and also DSLR IQ and DOF, ISO 100-25,600. The kit lens has a 24mm equivalent focal length and it has a silent motor for video recording.

Surprise indeed! Never thought that $100 could buy so much improvement.  However the V2 is supposed to have 60 fps when the focus is fixed, which may be good for some situations.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow