ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jadams69
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
Camera Choice Advice
Oct 25, 2012

Hello,

I am writing to ask for suggestions on a camera purchase for my wife for christmas.  She has always had relatively cheap point and shoots but has wanted to explore either DSLR or high-end non-DSLR.  In reviewing the pictures she normally takes they are generally fuzzy due to low light or motion blur.  She has been very focused on high zoom cameras and I'm leaning toward the purchase of a bridge camera such as the Panasonic FZ200.

My question is whether it would be better to purchase the bridge camera or a cheaper DSLR or micro 4/3rd such as the Panasonic GF3. The price of the FZ200 is pushing the limit for cost while the GF3 is quite a bit cheaper but requires a higher investment for comparable zoom.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I've read numerous threads online and currently want to lean toward the FZ200 but I'm a bit concerned with some of the user feedbacks.  A good m4/3 might be a a viable alternative.

Thank you,

jim

jadams69's gear list:jadams69's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow