Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
datzent83
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Olympus OM-D E-M5 or Sony NEX-7?
Oct 25, 2012

I currently own a Samsung NX200. I love this camera, but I can't help but notice that it does not take very sharp pictures most of the times, no matter what lens I use. The camera came with an 20-50 lens as a kit. I then purchased 18-55 lens and 18-200 Movie lens. On all lenses I have OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) turned on, but I still don't get very sharp images.
I was looking into getting either the Olympus OM-D E-M5 or Sony NEX-7. I am more inclined to go for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 because I read that NEX-7 has video overheating issues. From all the video and written reviews, the M5 seems to be a logical choice, although it has a smaller sensor, compared to NEX-7 and NX200/210
I'll be using the camera for:

• Outdoor shots (my kids playing in the park or back yard)
  • Indoor shots (my kids playing in the house)
  • Party/restaurant shots
  • Museum shots
  • Zoo and Aquarium shots
  • Home videos (my kids playing indoors/outdoors)
  • Party videos (indoors/outdoors)

Will the smaller sensor on the M5 be such a major difference in the kinds of photos I'll be taking? Any advise and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX210 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow